Wednesday 4 April 2018

Polished stone..

Do you like to get messy when you craft? Or are you a neat and tidy crafter? I'm in the first category ..I like the saying "creativity is messy and I'm very creative"!!!😁
We I got a very messy making today's sample lol 😉 the technique is called polished stone and uses glossy card stock, reinkers and rubbing alcohol . Take cotton wall balls and soak in the alcohol then drop 3 drops of reinker on to it. Then dab onto the glossy cardstock .get another 2 cotton wool balls and repeate using different colour reinkers. Dab and blend the colours until you achieve the effect you want. Each time you do this the piece will be different they are unique works of art 😊 I also added drops of wink of Stella clear to the card before I started and blended it in as I went to give the pieces a nice shimmer and sparkle, although sadly you can't see this in the photos. I then used black card and die cut the branch and flowers from the colourful seasons dies from Stampin Up.



No comments:

Post a Comment