Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Large Scallop Circle Edgelits Die

I started playing with my new die and found that putting 2 die cuts together I've made the following cards.
I used the Decorative label punch, Delightful Dozen, Pleasant Poppies, For My Family, Create A Cupcake and Creative Elements stamp sets, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Rhinestones, Pearls and a touch of ribbon finish these off.

                                              

Here is how I did it

After cutting one scallop I laid the die on the cardstock to match with the previous one. Post it notes are brilliant for holding the dies in place.




Doing this several times the scallops all matched and I chopped off the edges and have 4 separate scallops. 


By overlapping and gently twisting the pieces over each other I got this lovely border. You can twist each scallop or every other one to get a slightly different effect.



I think that mixing different colours looks really effective too. 


I hope this inspires you to play too!






1 comment:

  1. what a lovely 'twist' it adds to the cards! very clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete